The twelve exhibit panels touch on historical subjects relating the story of the home for Irish immigrant women in New York’s Lower Manhattan from 1883-1954
The Irish Mission at Watson House Exhibit is based on historical research and the archival collections from Our Lady of the Rosary Parish Church at 7 State Street, the original Home for Irish Immigrant Girls, at Watson House, in lower Manhattan. This work was carried out by the Battery Heritage Foundation, chaired by Fr. Peter Meehan and based on the work of Dr. Maureen Murphy and John T. Ridge. The exhibit has been supported with grants from the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.